In the past six months, cooking has been something my husband Ryan has become more passionate about and that has naturally rubbed off on me. Last week for his birthday we made Fall Veggie Tacos (vegan and gluten free) – with roasted cauliflower and butternut squash with avocado, diced peppers and onions – finished with a cilantro and some lime, we just can’t get enough of this seasonal meal.
What you’ll need:
- 1 small butternut squash – diced
- 1 small cauliflower – cut into medium sized florets
- 1 orange bell pepper – diced
- 1 small white onion – diced
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons of minced cilantro
- 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- organic habanero pepper sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- On a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper place cauliflower and butternut squash and drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper. (After they were chopped we even tossed the veggies in a bowl with rosemary & thyme for extra flavor). Bake for 30 minutes or until veggies are golden brown.
- While the veggies are in the oven, in a small saute pan, place the diced pepper and onion on medium heat, season with salt and pepper. Grab a medium saute pan and put on medium-high heat, place one tortilla at a time in the pan to heat. Wrap tortillas in foil until ready to serve.
- Toss diced avocado in bowl with salt, pepper and cilantro. Assemble your tortillas with all the fixings and finish with lime and your choice of hot sauce.